Thursday 4 June 2009

Back in Step Again ~ Vintage forever


Isn't she lovely
oops hang on missy thats my vintage millinery

watching the tv while adorned in vintage
ok ok easily distracted now back to business
It must be 2 years since I went to any kind of fair, now that is shocking ~ considering it used to be my business ~ I used to do antique fairs all over the south of England including regularly attending vintage textile fairs in London. I do miss doing them.
Well last Saturday I felt the call to visit one, I set off to the Vintage and Handmade Fair
and it felt really good to be back in step again.I took my eldest, youngest and little'un to a sweet olde worlde place called Chipping Sodbury (what a name) . Situated between Bath and Bristol
It was the most beautiful hot gorgeous day and the drive up to this place was a breeze and FREE parking ... unheard of!!
I have to say I have my favorite stall holder and I am completely blinkered ~ couldn't even look at anyone else until I got to Niki . The little' un loved this decorative rag doll made with love by Niki ~ she is called Mae.
She has such lovely gift idea's and ideal presents for special occasions, especially wedding and christening present ideas. Also beautiful and still practical vintage homely decorative stuff.
I love all Niki's creations, she never fails to totally impress.
Found some other great stalls too. Loved looking through some fine vintage laces and trims and fabrics, buttons, old shop stock (and I mean old, just perfect condition too) .
Isn't she sweet. Found her on Lizzie's stall. (aka Washerwomen ) Lizzie sells a large collection of vintage textiles and other related goodies and does a lot of fairs.
Samples of pristine 19th C fabrics from another fabulous stall Vintage to Victorian Sue has a shop too, which I will defo visit soon ~ see her link.
Millinery and Ribbon work
I am so glad I came across this beautiful ribbon work.
I will be using it for reference ~ I plan to create my own ribbon work
I have to say that every stall at the Vintage and Handmade Fair was beautiful . There was something for everyone, my daughter particularly liked

Lucy Bloom
Cowboys and Custard and County Cottage Chic . (see the link for Vintage and Handmade above for these and all lovely stalls that took part, they mostly have web shops too)
Next Fair is the Christmas Fair November 14th





By the way thank you to Becs of Rebecca Rose Designs who has a beautiful blog.
I am so happy to be one of your top ten fav blogs and make you smile :0) , and considering my blogging has dipped hugely in the last year this really means a lot to me so thank you so much.

and so apt .... a pretty little ladybird ...... I do love them.
catch up soon Ginny xx

7 comments:

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Ginny,
Thank you for your kind words!! I have to say, one of the highlights of the wonderful fair was seeing you again! You looked so well and I could tell you were having a lovely time! ;-))
Thanks again for your purchases...they look beautifully at home with you. (Would you mind if I snagged a couple of your photos to add to my website's 'inspiration page'?)
Please feel free to arrange a day to come and visit me! It would be so nice, or if you're going to Sue's emporium, I could see you there...aren't those Scheurer fabrics delicious?! - There was so little shopping time for us stall holders, so I'm sorry to have missed the ribbon millinery flowers...but they've definitely gone to a very good home!

Love to you,
Niki x

Niki Fretwell said...

Ginny, me again...I forgot to mention your little cutie-pie...the vintage hat fits a treat...glad she's started 'vintage-love' so young!
N x

Stephenie said...

What a little cutie, sporting vintage millinery...Just love it... I just love all your new and beautiful treasures...It's so hard to pick a favorite because everything is just so stunning..Hope all is well..
Stephenie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

It looks like you went to an awesome Faire. Thanks for sharing all the inspiration!

Your little one looks absolutely darling in that hat! Oh My!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Ginny

It was so lovely to meet you at last, and if you can make your way to Dairy House sometime, that will be the icing on the cake!!!!

Thanks again for your purchases. Wasn't it an absolutely amazing day!

Sue xx

icandy... said...

OOOh, so pretty! Thanks for sharing your beautiful blog! ")

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Ginny, what lovely things you found at the fair. I would LOVE to see Niki's booth in person, I bet it is just stunning. You picked some lovely things.

your little cutie pie is SO SO SO cute! Oh my gosh... she is getting so big.

xoxo heather