Wednesday 29 August 2007

Ooh Mr Postman look and see - any more parcels for me!

Yes he's coming down my path, YES the Postman has delivered!!

I have been shopping on some fab sites lately, yes and the wonder of it all is that they are right here on the blog, many of you probably know of them already.


Firstly I have been searching for a pink frothy prom dress for ages now and who should have the very thing on her gorgeous website but sweet Heather . We were swap partners for the tiara swap and here is the gorgeous tiara she made for me along side this pretty prom dress. It was meant to be.
Next some lovely chunky parcels.


Oh wow, pink tissue and ribbons.

Clare has a great site
http://vintage-home.co.uk/


Next is Rhea - she makes the most gorgeous bird houses, and embellishes them with vintage twinkle - take a look at her site as her photo's are MUCH better than mine. I can't get good light in my dining room so this is the best I can achieve. They look 100 % better in the flesh believe me!
http://sweetnshabbyroses.blogspot.com/

and Rhea included this beautiful set of cards that included a hand painted tag and the most sweetest little vintage baby cards - how did she know that I collect these cute cards.

Well next to arrive was this parcel - hand painted no less - it must be Laurie of
http://lauriescharmingdesigns.blogspot.com/


Yes here they are, lovely little birdy pin cushions sitting in pretty teacups.




They all live very happily with my bird houses and you can also see in this picture top right is my tiara from Heather.

Talking Tiara's - this arrived today, a book from Amazon called Crowns & Tiaras: Add a Little Sparkle, Glitter & Glamour to Every Day by Kerri Judd (Author), Danyel Montecinos (Author).

Talk about eye candy!! here are a couple of my favourites.
This first crown from the book is my favourite and I have to say it has the MOST GORGEOUS TWINKLE ..... I love this crown - when I think of Twinkle Pink this is what I envisage. The palest pink and vintage rhinestone jewellery.


My second favorite in the book is this one, the palest blues, because I am a twinkle blue too, in fact I am very fickle I like lots of colours.



Another lovely package arrived for me while I was on holiday. I was so thrilled to open it that as I had it open as I flew in the door with the luggage. It came from June in Italy for the Matchbox swap that Natasha hosted.


You can see these pics along with all the other matchbox swappers in the matchbox flickr group on my side bar.
June sent me some gorgeous things including jewellery beads lace old Italian paper and crepe I loved it all - thank you http://serendipity-werx.blogspot.com

What have I been up to lately - well I am currently putting together a journal inspired by Marie Antoinette, and will be taking part in a Round Robin that will span 3 continents.

and Natasha http://natashaburns.com/ (AUSTRALIA)
and me (UNITED KINGDOM) are all taking on this project and I am so honoured to have been asked. I love all their creations with a passion so I feel I am in safe hands.

Heather has already given us a taster of what she wants to work with so I think we will all be giving some sneek peeks on our blogs from time to time. The final look see will be after Christmas and I can't wait to see what everyone has created.

I have gathered a huge amount of fabrics, papers, notions and twinkle. Even found some great ribbons on the blog from a website called One hundred Wishes (what a great name)http://onehundredwishes.com/



I love this shade of blue.

These papers are the body of my journal and have been given a light wash of icecreamy colours.

I've also been playing around with some fabrics, to create cupcakes and gateaux.
The creamy looking part is made from hand dyed degummed silk cocoons, with the rest made from velvets and sheers. I love dyeing velvets and working with them. You can see more of this kind of stuff on my other blog - Textile Art Post.
In the mean time more inspirational ice creamy colours for my Marie Antoinette project

28 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Ginny I am loving all your mail!!!! And WOW what beauties you are creating fo rthe round robin, I can't wait to see it!!! I have started to try to put my book together now... finally I'm moving along with it!!! xo

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

How gorgeous are all your photos! In fact I'm sorry, I'm off to have another look! xx

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Hello sweet Ginny!! I am sooo glad you pink froof arrived safely and that you like it! I honestly couldn't choose between keeping that one and the white one so I am so glad she went to live with you.

Lots of other goodies too...my you have been a busy girl! I am such a fan of all of sites you have shown. (I just bought one of Niki's little flapper bisque dolls yesterday...go see on her site...her name is Violet!!)

Now to those beautiful round robin peeks... pure beauty I am telling you and I love what you did with your pages. Just such a fabulous idea! I have that same photo of the girls with the fans..reminds me of the 4 of us!

xoxo Heather

Betty said...

Ginny, What a beautiful post. So many lovely things. You lucky girl!

Clare and Mike said...

Hi Ginny,

You have some truly beautiful things there - glad you like the curtains and tin - and thank you for the mention - you're so kind!

That book looks lovely, what some eye candy!

Clare x

Jessi Nagy said...

wow!!!
you are such a lucky girl.
i love everything! beautiful.
jessi nagy
www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

Ragged Roses said...

Ginny please get your postman to visit me!!! I am drooling over all those photos!!!!
Kim x

Niki Fretwell said...

Hi Ginny,
Me thinks you like shopping!! hehe!
And with such beauty available, I can't blame you!

Have fun with the round robin. Your sneaky peeks look fascinating!

Don't forget to look out for the postman again ;-))

Niki x

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi Ginny!
How is it possible that i missed your posts? It is like a heaven here today. So much lovely things. The fabrics are so pretty, the Tiara is just amazing and oh, the treasures from Clare. Your are indeed a very lucky girl!!
I find these pictures very inspirational, and they all reminds me of a very beautiful book called : "Shabby Chic: Sumptuous Settings and other Lovely Things", written by Laura Ashwell. The book contains the most beautiful things i have ever seen, from decorations, tiaras, ballet-shoes,old hats, table settings and more..yes, if you dont have the book already, you must go and buy it Ginny. It is perfect for you!!
I wish you a joyful weekend, and i promise, i will visit you more from now. Aina (",)

Susan Tuttle said...

Wow--so much wonderful eye candy!! I love the tiara and birdhouse especially!

Susan

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you for showing my birdies in your lovely home. They look quite content in their beautiful surrounding!! Laurie xo

Miss Rhea said...

I Love everything Ginny !! Thanks so much again !! Glad you liked the baby cards ! I cant wait to see how the book turns out ! Blessings,
Rhea

Merci-Notes said...

Hi!
I love the project you are doing around the the world!!! THis is a great idea! I am looking forward to all of your creations, for what a talented Group!
have a great weekend!!
With Kindness,
Mary

Merci-Notes said...

P.S. Love those pincushions!

Sweet Remembrance said...

My goodness...it's like Christmas around your house! I love everything...especially the pink prom dress! I wondered who beat me to it...Love it!
Have a wonderful day...
Priscilla

Bonnie said...

What lovely presents and swaps!! Wow, so much! you must of been in a tizz!
I have a invite for you:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f285/tumtarara/springparty.jpg
For more details see my blog.
I hope you will come! Bonnie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What an awesome postal worker you have!!!! Everything is lovely and Rhea's bird house is spectacular. Gorgeous!

Cheryl Ensom said...

Ginny! Just found your yummy site and I am in LOVE! I love all the things you got in your cute little mailbox ;) and am even a teeny-tiny-itty-bitty bit jealous of you! ;) I'll be back for sure. Too much fun here!
xoxo, Cheryl

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

so many pretty things! First of all, anything Heather has is always wonderful! And I just adore those little birdies you have, very cute!

Deb said...

Dear Ginny, Could your site be more luscious!??? I'm just dying to walk around your house and studio area with you. I want to know how to make the tiaras! And, I love the tea cup pincushions you received. Just so much fun to see what Mr. Postman brought you! Thanks for sharing...
Hugs,
Deb in FL
Lavender Rose

Miss*Laurence said...

Love that blue too, but I was most impressed with the Italian matchbox! You've been very busy since Brighton!

Natasha Burns said...

I just tagged you for the name game!! Come check out my blog for details

Monica said...

ooh such yummy stuff!
The round robin books going to be spectaular, love your oor he!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh my, what beautiful pretties you have! And doesn't Rhea do the most fabulous job on those lovely birdhouses?!?! I've got some of Laurie's birdies, too!!

Please stop by my blog for a tea party!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

darla said...

Your blog is so delightful! The pictures are beautiful! I'm glad I found you... I'll be back time and time again.
darla

http://westwoodranch.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

GINNY, I LOVE, LOVE YOUR BLOG. YOU ARE SO TALENTED. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS WITH US. SUCH EYE CANDY. AND YOU DYE YOUR OWN FABRICS, TOO? I'M OFF TO VISIT YOUR OTHER SITE.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, you have the most gorgeous site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are lovely and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect so thank you for sharing them all and best wishes....