Thursday 28 December 2006

Christmas is passing by and the bells of the New Year will ring out

As the Christmas festivities come to an end and the New Year steps in I always come to think about the years that have passed and what the future holds. I don't know about you but I hate saying goodbye, and I especially hate saying good bye to another year.

But on the brightside of things it is also a fresh start. I have a big list of new year resolutions - many associated with most importantly my family, my community, my shape (ugggh - not that one again!) and all those unfinished projects (I have thousands). I think tackling a new skill would be good too..... but lets see which one gets started first!

Happy Hogmanay, Happy New Year and look forward to 2007!

6 comments:

Nonnie said...

Happy New Year to your too.
I know what you mean about saying goodbye, but I've got very good feelings about 2007. I hope you manage to stick to all those resolutions!

Shirlee said...

I actually never have trouble saying goodbye to a year gone by. I love a new year, it's like a fresh start or a "do-over". I too have a good feeling for 2007, which I'm hoping is a good thing because I've never thought that way about a new year approaching. As far as resolutions go, mine always seem to be the same year after year. They're all similar to yours too. :)

Clare and Mike said...

Yes, it can be a very nostalgic, wistful time of the year. But as you say, it's great to make plans for the year ahead. I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year and I look forward to reading your blog too! Clare x

Gena said...

A very happy new year to you too! I have made a list of things to do next year...hmm I wonder how many I will actually achieve!

Niki Fretwell said...

Happy New Year Ginny!

Good luck with your resolutions and happy blogging in 2007!
Niki.x

Tracy x said...

Wonderful Christmas Tree - it is such a shame when they have to be taken down x
Good luck sticking to all your resolutions - my list is just as long as yours!!!
Happy New Year to you and i look forward to reading more of your blog in 2007.
Tracy x